About Africa Risk Consulting
Africariskconsulting.com (the “Website”) is owned by Africa Risk Consulting Ltd (“Africa Risk Consulting Ltd.“, “we” or “us“), a private limited company in England and Wales with company number 5947530 and registered at 6TH Floor, 25 Farringdon Street, EC4A 4AB, LONDON, UK.
The data controller as defined under European Data Protection Legislation, for Africariskconsulting.com is Africa Risk Consulting. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Our registration number is ZA339996?.
We take your privacy seriously and are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of information you provide to us, and the choices you have made regarding our collection and use of your information. This policy applies to information we collect about you through this website and when you otherwise communicate with us. By visiting our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We process your personal data on the basis that you have provided your consent for us to do so for the purposes set out below when you submitted your personal data to us. You may withdraw your consent to this processing at any time by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do withdraw your consent, we may still be able to process some of the data that you have provided to us on other grounds.
If you hear from us, we will always aim to be respectful, relevant and appropriate. If at any time you don’t feel we’ve lived up to this commitment, please let us know straight away by getting in touch with us.
This policy may change from time to time and, if it does, the up-to-date version will always be available on our website. Please note that by continuing to use our website you are agreeing to any updated versions.
We may collect and process the following data:
Information you give to us: You may give us information about you by filling in forms, by contacting us or by submitting a CV via our website or via email@example.com. The information you give to us may include:
• your name and title;
• contact information, including telephone number and email address;
• information such as postcodes, and your preferences and interests; and employment details, e.g. date of birth, employment history, qualifications
Information we collect about you
Each time you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information: Web use information (e.g. IP address), your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) clickstream to, through and from Africariskconsulting.com (including date and time); time on page, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs).
You can find out more below the cookies we use and how to switch off cookies.
What cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies:
Analytical and performance cookies.
We may use analytics service providers for website tracking, analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other information about the use of the Website by using cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how often visitors return to the Website, how long they stay and how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. The information generated relating to the Website may be used to create reports about the use of the Website and the analytics service provider will also store this information.
Advertising and targeting cookies.
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to other websites. We will use this information to try and make our Website more relevant to your interests.
We may use functional cookies that allow us to remember choices you have made in relation to the Website so as to provide a more personalised experience and enhanced user experience by delivering content specific to your interests.
Third party cookies
How do I turn cookies off?
If you would like to opt out of cookies, you can change the settings on your internet browser to reject cookies. For more information please consult the “help” section of your browser or visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you do set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
How we will use your information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
• to respond to any query that you may submit to us;
• to ensure that our website’s content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
• to customise the website according to your interests;
• to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey responses;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to comply with the law;
• as we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests.Disclosure of your informationWe may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. When we share your information with third parties they will process your information as either a data controller or as our data processor and this will depend on the purposes of our sharing your personal data. We will only share your personal data in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation.
We may disclose your information to third parties when:
• you specifically request this, such as when you submit information to enquire about our services
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if the website or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of the website, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The third parties include:Business partners, clients, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website.
We may share some broader statistics and customer profiling information with third parties and other carefully selected companies, but the data is anonymised, so you would not be identifiable from that data. We will not rent or sell our user’s details to any other organisation or individual.
Storage of your personal data
We follow strict security procedures as to how your personal information is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it. All personal information you register on this website will be located behind a firewall. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data. So we cannot accept any liability for the loss, theft or misuse of the personal information which you have registered on the website if there is a security breach.
We will keep your information stored on our systems for as long as it takes to provide the services to you. The third parties we engage to provide services on our behalf will keep your data stored on their systems for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you. We will not store your information for longer than is reasonably necessary or required by law.
Even if you have accepted the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes, you have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for such purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
From 25 May 2018, you will be entitled to receive the personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit that data to another data controller. You can exercise this right from 25 May 2018 by contacting us at email@example.com.
Access to information
European Data Protection legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. You are entitled to be told by us whether we or someone else on our behalf is processing your personal information; what personal information we hold; details of the purposes for the processing of your personal information; and details of any third party with whom your personal information has been shared. Sometimes you may be asked to provide proof of identity before we show you your personal information – that’s so we can prevent unauthorised access. Your rights to access, rectify such information, object or cancel the information we hold about you can be exercised at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Africa Risk Consulting Data Protection Officer
Africa Risk Consulting Ltd25 Farringdon Street, London, EC4A 4AB
Email address: email@example.com